Saturday, July 16, 2011

Loves To My Favorite People


Well family, it has been a great week. Really truly. I laughed a ton and got those feel-good hormones pumping through my blood again. Feels good :)
 
We had a sister's P-day yesterday which is why I couldn't email home. The last one wasn't really that enjoyable, I got a little overwhelmed by ALL the sisters, but this one was GREAT. It was SO fun to see old companions like Hna Vazquez and sisters that I just love like Hna Hartley. I was almost surprised actually at how happy I was to see them.

We had a sweet trainining by a senior sister who was a therapist by practice about our "real selves" and our "game layer" and how we are always trying to seek to fulfill either the nuturing or responsibility we lacked as children by doing these "game layer" things to get attention...kind of thing dad would think was bogus probably but was actually really interesting! She related it to how we deal with food, which was also informative and led right into Sister Perry- I think we are probably the only mission in the world who has been trained on how to eat naturally and organically! hahahaha I love it! She has me pretty sold actually, a direct quote from my notes yesterday: "Aspartame MUST DIE. KILL THE CRYSTAL LIGHT." hahaha I have made the transition to organic peanut butter and brown eggs...I already eat lots of fruits and veggies...so I'm not gonna go and get all preoccupied about it.
 
Well I should probably start also with the fact that Hna Castle sprained her ankle pretty badly before she got here and the only real thing that can be done is too stay off of it, so we spent a lot of time in this week. I'm just gonna say it- it was wonderful. We just studied and slept and took life back down to normal people pace. It was delightful. Getting back into the swing of go go go missionary life has been a little hard, but you know how it goes.
 
So- remember how a few months ago I wrote home about banana pudding milkshakes from Chic-fil-a? And how I said GO and GET ONE? Well, you see, we finished reading the white handbook as a companionship and I was like, "You know what we do at my house when we finish reading the Book of Mormon together? We eat banana splits. Herego, I think we should celebrate this accomplishment with a little treat..." So it was decided that we would endevour to find the banana pudding milkshake. You see, this is a limited-time flavor, and the chic-fil-a's we had tried no longer had it...so of course during some of our down time this week we called every chic-fil-a in the near Richmond area and there was ONE that still had them. All the employees were like "oh man, those things were DELICIOUS." And so the hermanas were salivating and so relieved that one still had them. Convienitely (or providentially) we had to get Hna Farley's license dowtown and the chic-fil-a was RIGHT THERE. Way farther out of course than we woudl have ever gone (maybe even out of our HUGE area...) So we showed up and we got the LAST THREE. It was a miracle. A delicious miracle.
 
I'm curious as to what pictures exactly you all were seeing of me...haha...I wish I could have heard the song that you composed about my "stylish" missionary attire! hahaha Funny you should mention not getting my hair cut...I had Hna Farley cut it this week. No, I have never trusted a non-professional with scissors on my hair before. No, she has never in her life cut human hair. But don't worry, she did a great job giving me a little clean-up trim ;)
 
I DID get 2 packages of love this week!!! It was AWESOME! The relaxation exercises were a little jumbled and some of them don't exactly work- but there are a few that we could get to play. I popped one of those bad boys in and SMOOSCH! (That is the only word that comes to mind) my body melted. I swear a month's worth of stress just dripped off me. I missed those things. And the delicious and nutricious snacks?! YUM.  I'm loving the vitamins and loved the letters and just all over appreciate all the hard work. Thanks!
 
So guess what else I did this week?! Went to a WEDDING RECEPTION. Yes, you heard me. The sisters that live with us told us that they were invited to it and so they invited us, and so we were all, sweeeet. So we show up and well, it's no secret that I love love, so of course I went all gooey on the inside...got a little weepy now and again, as usual...I was exempt from the boquet toss for the first time EVER by right of my nametag, which was the BEST EVER, it was just lovely all around. As we were walking out one of the sisters (she's from uganda) says,  "I have a confession. No one ever invited us." HAHAHA "I just wanted to go and I knew you wouldn't come if I didn't say that." OH MAN. We laughed so hard. My wedding reception crasing continues :)
 
And guess what ELSE I did this week? I made Baleadas! Ry should know very well this CLASSIC HONDURAN FOOD! Yeah, I pretty much freaked out when this potential investigator from Honduras was like, "yeah, come on over, I'll teach you how to make them." It was so fun! And so delcious! And reminded me so much of my little bro! I love having the feeling that I'm getting a little taste of the culture of the people's native countries. Usually they don't even want to go back, the situation with safety or work is so bad.  But they always miss their culture. It's so fun that I get to have a little taste of central america and people's treasured traditions.
 
loves!
Hermana Sinclair

No comments:

Post a Comment