Monday, October 4, 2010

First Week in the MTC


Dear FAMILY!
 
I feel like I'm taking a timed test- I have half and hour to capture a billion things and I have this huge red ticking clock that is going to KICK ME OFF when the time is up. So if I miss something, I'm really sorry...I'm under a lot of pressure!

Let's start with the drop off- emotional as expected, but it was good that there were elders swarming so I held myself together. Luckily they helped me carry my hundred pounds up the 4 flights of stairs to my room!  My companion is Sister Boone who is headed to Barcelona and she is WONDERFUL! Not to mention a totally babe- I'm serious, I think she's the hottest thing the MTC has ever seen. We keep having these hilarious experiences where the boys just cannot help but stare at her as we walk down the hall, or ask to take pictures with her...seriously. It's kind of ridiculous. But she's so fun and so sweet and it's such a tender mercy that we, along with the other two girls in our district/room laugh SO hard. Sisters Mazey and Busath are our roommates and are a godsend to keep us sane. We are kind of like some very rare and endangered species here as sisters, and we are treated like gold.  The days here are so long. I feel like I've been here for months.

Dad's description of the elders as puppies could not be more accurate- they are boys-I can't wait to see how they mature ;)

Learning Spanish is SO fun! I love that part actually, and wish they would hit us harder with it. I'm eager to learn and use it! Sometimes I sign while I speak spanish. My brain wires keep getting crossed. It's weird.  Having a missionary tag that says: "Hermana Sinclair" is pretty much the awesome-ist thing ever. I keep looking down and thinking, this is incredible. Things are long and hard and emotional here, I wish I had more time to go into detail, but it's so comforting that I know I am where Heavenly Father wants me to be. When we were in the temple this morning, I was just praying for peace that my short attention span could actually endure these days. In the celestial room I had the sweet experience where I said, "God- is this really where you want me?" And the sweetest answer, "Yes, my daughter, this is where I want you to be" came. So in spite of the puppy dog elders and the hours and hours of sitting and listening, I am in the right place and am trying my best to be my best! 

Let's talk about the HIGHLIGHT of conference for a minute- INDIANAPOLIS, INDIANA IS GETTING A TEMPLE! BOOM BABY! Like dad, at the start of conference I had a feeling, but dismissed it...then when he announced it I let out an audible gasp I was so shocked. Then I couldn't keep in my sobs of joy, I was so happy. SO happy. So so so happy. I was thinking, "WE DID IT! Indiana worked so hard and WE DID IT!"  I was envisioning all the saints of Indiana and the joy they were feeling and the tears just were not stopping! Ah, that was the most joyful moment.  I sat by the ASL translation for part of conference. It was bliss. But also a little sad still. I just keep remembering that God needs me to love another people and love another people I will!

I met Chandler Bush picking up my package! P.S. THANK YOU for the package! You guys are so sneaky!! And THANK YOU  for all the letters! Seriously, those are such a beautiful sight at the end of the world's longest days. They are such a great support to me- please keep sending them!

Ok, I'm starting to panic because I'm at 7 mintues and I think we all might swear if this thing doesn't get sent, so I'll just wrap up by saying that I LOVE YOU, FAMILY! The work is moving forward and I am blessed to be a part of it! I've had great examples and am so happy that I've lived the sort of life that's allowed me to be here and preparing to share a message of joy and hope! I love Jesus Christ! So much to say! The clock is ticking!

LOVE YOU FAMILY!

Keep sending me letters, I need your support.
Godspeed everyone!

Hermana Sinclair

No comments:

Post a Comment