Hi family!!
Week 6 almost over- can't even believe it. Time is so bizarre here- but as nervous as the real field feels...I'm pumped.
So this week was the "do you know..." week. Teri met Hma. Olsen, one of my two teachers at a Halloween party. So random. I saw Ben Tingey! That was crazy and I thought I was losing my mind seeing someone from the outside world that I KNEW, but it was wonderful and he was as delightful and happy as always. I also had a sub teacher named Hma. Pace...OH MAN. I wish I had more time to tell just how great this story is- but essentially one of my freshman year roomies who shall remain nameless had a HUGE crush on him...so we did a significant amount of face stalking and other silly things that freshman girls do.
You know the quote, "As if you could kill time without injuring eternity"? Well it has NEVER been more true than now. Seriously, wasting time may be injuring other people's eternity! Working hard. Praying hard. Working out hard. Studying hard.
We have fake progressing investigators here and we had a fake baptism on sat! I spoke on faith- in Spanish. Shared a story about Ry and I growing up- it was awesome.
Word is traveling about my apparent question skills. I taught a whole district this week. I invented the "question game" and it's going crazy.
As I've been working on my Spanish and teaching, I've been thinking a lot about communication... and guess what? Elder Ballard came and talked about becoming "master communicators." Oh those 12. Studs.
We taught lesson 1 all in Spanish this week. I've been worried that because my district learns...kind of slowly...that I wasn't learning as much as a could be, but this was PROOF that I'm learning. I'm pretty sure I conjugated verbs I couldn't have even thought about conjugating after all my Spanish in high school. It was momentus.
This week 3 districts in our zone left- leaving just us and a younger district. So we had to get new zone leaders and a new coordinating sister (like the RS president). One of the sisters mentioned earlier in the week something about that calling needing to be filled and it weighed on my mind all week- so I wasn't really surprised when President asked to speak with my on Sunday. He called me in and said, "Sister Sinclair, the Lord wants you to serve as the coordinating sister." Ok, well if God says so! It was a brief meeting but he mentioned that as he looked at me last week during sacrament meeting he could tell I was doing good- not just spiritually good- but all around good. He said that the spirit indicated to him that I had wrapped my arms around some things that I'd been trying to understand for a long time. I was touched that he shared that with me- not only does God know me- but my leaders do too. As we wrapped up and I opened the door to leave, he stopped me and closed the door and said, "Sister, when you first got here you were unsettled about some things. I want you to know that I sense a peace about you and that your spirit is settled." Oh I was so grateful for that. As I've thought about that it's really helped me think about how my heart is changing here. I remember telling Cat on our long drive that we might feel more comfortable staying home and not serving because we KNOW the blessings of going to school, being with family, and dating, but I told her that we have NO CONCEPT of the blessings of serving a mission. I had no idea then, and still barely have any idea, but these 6 weeks have helped shape my heart and soul in ways that I don't have time to express. God and I are becoming such great friends. I've always known him- but it's different now- I can't seem to get enough of Hma Sinclair/God time. He answers missionary prayers so strong and so fast- that is such evidence of the prayers of others on our behalf. Oh the tender mercies and miracles I feel everyday!
Dad- can you send me YOUR conversion story? I've been thinking about it a lot lately and I'd really love to know how you came to know God and how the gospel is true. I'd love to read it.
This is funny- somehow last week it came up that in my past life I had a bit of a gangsta side...the elders thought it was hilarious and thought I was flat out lying that I liked Eminem. hahaha, when I asked why, they just couldn't put into words why that seemed like such a paradox. One elder said, "you're like our mission mom! Moms don't usually like Eminem...MY mom doesn't like Eminem...you're such a COOL MOM!" hahahaha I had no idea I had built up such a reputation- made me chuckle.
Been working out with the sisters early in the morning. Waking up is by FAR the hardest part of every day. Last week I was running around the track...kind of lost in my own resentment...and I totally rammed into the metal bars that border the track...but I was moving so fast that I had to much momentum so I just rode that metal bar! I have a huge bruise on my arm. I'm praying to not be so resentful in the mornings...:)
An elder in our district said, "The only things that change around here are the leaves. And the way I smell." hahahaha
I'm doing really good and really can't express how much I love you and am grateful for your prayers and support.
The church is true. God knows us. For REAL.
LOVE YOU!!
Hermana Sinclair
No comments:
Post a Comment