Monday, November 29, 2010

Dum, dum, dum, dum, dummmmmmmmmm!


Big week! I just woke up from a 2 1/2 hour nap! Oh the glory of p-day...I was up at 4 this morning helping my comps get off, and it was a restless night, so I was so ready to CRASH. First time I've actually been able to take a nap- just a little taste of heaven :)

The weather is freezing and oh so snowy. I was thinking mom should send my winter box asap, but if it's 60 degrees in VA...that's like beach weather! I still have a nasty cold, so hopefully the VA weather will be kind to my body.

Thanksgiving- well Elder HOLLAND came. Yes, it was just as awesome as you think it was. We did an awesome service project and the turned on all the Christmas lights that they've been working on since I got here...almost better than temple square. No joke! So lovely! Sounds like your Thanksgiving was delightful! Sad to miss it, as always, but I think I've been away from home for so many thanksgivings that that particular holiday wasn't a particular wound.

Yesterday was actually better than thanksgiving. The new coordinating sister was called- alleviating me from the duty of waking up at 4 or earlier for 3 days in a row. Tender mercy if there ever was one! I gave a talk in sacrament meeting- you know how everybody has to write one and they just call on somebody to come up? Well, I've been SO diligent every single week, but this week I just literally had NO time. Usually on Sundays we have a few extra hours where I write it, but Branch Council and a surprise advice-session from President Studdert left me talk-less. He walked into the classroom at one point and said something like, "Hmmm, which of these hermanas hasn't spoken?" Looking DIRECTLY at me. I knew I was the lucky winner, and he doesn't normally tip people off- but, well, not a whole lot I could do but pray. So when the time came and my name was called I said a little prayer and hopped up and delivered a 5 minute discourse on repentence in espanol. Can I talk for 5 min on repentence in spanish? YES I CAN! haha, it was like a little test- and I think I passed :) Overall it was a wonderful day full of wonderful things- including, but not limited to, the best lunch I have ever eaten here.

Well I'm into my final preparations. I'm 3/4 the way done with packing- the books are killer. SO heavy. I'm in a new trio- funny how I'm always the oddball added to the group. Our last classes with our teachers were emotional- but it has honestly been the LONGEST week since I've gotten here, so I can't say I was too torn up about it.

How am I feeling about leaving? GREAT. Bear with the churchy analogy (I've got it on the brain ;) but it feels like I'm Joseph Smith- the first vision has happened (mission call), I've gotten the plates (mtc), and now I'm translating them and the ball is REALLY going to start rolling! haha...but seriously. It's time. I was sent here to be trained, I've been trained, and now it's time to go forth as a witness of Jesus Christ and his restored gospel. I'm ready for a new challenge even though I know I'm in for a very rude awakening! But, as I have accepted as a little motto for life- it'll be fine, because it always is. My excitement in and of itself is kind of a miracle- when I think about how I felt about missionary work- oh- 3 months ago. My joy is just full. Even this huge body cannot contain it :)

On some more personal notes...

Mom- got your envelope today! You are just...so...amazing. I know I say it every week. But you REALLY take care of me. I can't believe your eyes still- I'm pumped for you to have brand new eyes for your big trip!

Dad- I may or may not have squealed when part 2 came...reminds me of Charles Dickens and David Copperfield (or maybe it was Great Expectations...) the little story he put in the newspaper every week! I love it because it's you and it's real and it shows how God prepares hearts. It's so interesting how spiritually different people can be in the same family. More on this in my letter.  Just know that I was thrilled.

Elder Sinclair- Hey buddy, I have been missing you so much this past week- take all the missing from the past year and a half, and this week I've felt more. I don't really know exactly why- probably because as I think about going and doing real missionary work, and who I would want my companion to be, I just keep thinking, I just want my brother as a companion! I haven't even seen you in action and you are the only best most wonderful, hard-working, obedient, powerful companion that I can think of! I know it's a far stretch, the thousands of miles and all, but know that there are always unseen eyes watching you! I love you buddy.

Colby- You are so grown up! Mom told me you two pretty much rocked Thanksgiving. Honestly, I'm not surprised.

Kenzie- Hey Keeke, don't get downtrodden about being all alone in your rough teenage years. You are so much tougher than Ry or I ever were. I'm so glad I was never your little sister so I didn't have to live in YOUR shadow. Know that Ry and I look up to you- and so do your friends and sisters. One word of advice: mom and dad aren't crazy. I know you know that, but seriously the longer I live the more I realize how right they ALWAYS are.

Maddie- Your joke? In one word: HILARIOUS. I read it like 3 times and didn't get it, so I said it out loud to my companion and bursted out laughing! JALAPENO FACE! hahaha, such a maddie joke too :)

LOVE YOU ALL AND CAN'T WAIT TO TALK TO YOU IN ONE DAY!!!!!!!!!

The work is moving forward with God at the front!
Hermana Sinclair

No comments:

Post a Comment