I'm SO excited for the phone call on Sunday! I'll probably cry a lot again like I did last time, just fyi. I'll be waiting for the call!
Happy Anniversary!!!! Happy being blessed by your eternal temple covenants! YEAH!! Loved the temple picture with our name! So perfect. I'll definitely pray for things to move forward with the Indy temple...I'll never forget the moment it was announced and the JOY that I know you all felt too. Just tell the IN saints to remember that feeling and push onward! I saw bits and pieces of the Royal Wedding on spanish TV...it made my heart YEARN for London.
First week of training. Whew. I definitely did NOT underestimate this responsibility.
So we went on monday with President and the Assistants to the airport to pick her up and she was the last one off the plane. We recognized her, of course, by her nametag...and then, her FACE...turns out she was on my study abroad to London!!! I was like, is that...Felicia? And after a strange moment of, "Wait- is this for real?" we realized that yes, in fact, it was for real. I am, in fact, training a girl I already know! BAH! So crazy. She was like, "wow, I thought I remembered someone saying, 'hey- isn't that where Eryn is?' but I never really thought..." And I was thinking, "Who the heck is Eryn? Oh yeah, that's me...yes, yes, I'm here..." haha
Happy Anniversary!!!! Happy being blessed by your eternal temple covenants! YEAH!! Loved the temple picture with our name! So perfect. I'll definitely pray for things to move forward with the Indy temple...I'll never forget the moment it was announced and the JOY that I know you all felt too. Just tell the IN saints to remember that feeling and push onward! I saw bits and pieces of the Royal Wedding on spanish TV...it made my heart YEARN for London.
First week of training. Whew. I definitely did NOT underestimate this responsibility.
So we went on monday with President and the Assistants to the airport to pick her up and she was the last one off the plane. We recognized her, of course, by her nametag...and then, her FACE...turns out she was on my study abroad to London!!! I was like, is that...Felicia? And after a strange moment of, "Wait- is this for real?" we realized that yes, in fact, it was for real. I am, in fact, training a girl I already know! BAH! So crazy. She was like, "wow, I thought I remembered someone saying, 'hey- isn't that where Eryn is?' but I never really thought..." And I was thinking, "Who the heck is Eryn? Oh yeah, that's me...yes, yes, I'm here..." haha
Hermana Farley is her name. She's coming from spending 2 weeks of VERY normal life back at home to the rigors of missionary life, and the transition is a little rough. Do you know how much I miss being a greenie? NOT AT ALL. I'm pretty sure the biggest barriers were: 1) exhaustion and 2) Spanish. And guess what hers are? Yeah, happens to everybody. Still happening, haha. It's kind of a rough time there off the get go before you are adjusted. Missionaries come pretty prepared from the MTC, so I wasn't too worried, and she is prepared. There are some realities of missionary work she'll need to adjust to, but those will come in time. We're trying to give her lots of opportunities to teach and she's being very brave. She's so lucky to be trained in this area where there is tons of spanish work and there are speakers from all over- and with a native companion!
I've felt and recognized the Holy Ghost so much this week...you think as a missionary that you get the HG all the time, and you do, if you're worthy, but this week Heavely Father helped me learn a little bit better how I feel the Holy Ghost and how I respond. Turns out I usually act so quick when I have a thought that I don't have time to think, "now, is this from the holy ghost?" But this week I was blessed to see that I DO feel the Holy Ghost all the time and I DO act on those promptings. I have felt more love for the people this week too- in explaining to Hna F about our people and visiting them and explaining cultural things, I just really realized the love that I feel for God's children here that I have been called to serve. Hna F is VERY concerned about all the food we eat- and I just was overwhelmed when I was trying to explain that it's not about us being full to our most extreme capacity, it's about the blessings they recieve from serving us and the love they have and their willingness to share the very little they have. And as she was concerned about the cockroaches, I felt overwhelmed trying to explain their kindness to us letting us into their homes even when they are embarrassed of their homes, because they know we won't judge them And as she was worried about being the dangerous areas, I was again overwhelmed at the goodness of the hearts of these people...oh man. I think I'm really becoming a missionary in my heart :)
I love you all and am SO grateful for your letters and love. Can't wait to talk to you!!!
LOVE,
Hermana Sinclair
I've felt and recognized the Holy Ghost so much this week...you think as a missionary that you get the HG all the time, and you do, if you're worthy, but this week Heavely Father helped me learn a little bit better how I feel the Holy Ghost and how I respond. Turns out I usually act so quick when I have a thought that I don't have time to think, "now, is this from the holy ghost?" But this week I was blessed to see that I DO feel the Holy Ghost all the time and I DO act on those promptings. I have felt more love for the people this week too- in explaining to Hna F about our people and visiting them and explaining cultural things, I just really realized the love that I feel for God's children here that I have been called to serve. Hna F is VERY concerned about all the food we eat- and I just was overwhelmed when I was trying to explain that it's not about us being full to our most extreme capacity, it's about the blessings they recieve from serving us and the love they have and their willingness to share the very little they have. And as she was concerned about the cockroaches, I felt overwhelmed trying to explain their kindness to us letting us into their homes even when they are embarrassed of their homes, because they know we won't judge them And as she was worried about being the dangerous areas, I was again overwhelmed at the goodness of the hearts of these people...oh man. I think I'm really becoming a missionary in my heart :)
I love you all and am SO grateful for your letters and love. Can't wait to talk to you!!!
LOVE,
Hermana Sinclair
No comments:
Post a Comment