Well, hello all! It was a blessing, as always to hear from you. I just read the first page of dad's conference talk and I started getting all weepy- I STILL have so much to learn from both my parents. Wow.
Sounds like things are busy busy busy at home, as always. Just gonna say I'm grateful for the time that we always took out to do the really important things like family prayer and family scripture study and FHE and time to be together as a family. Those are the times I cherish most and the celestial traditions I know I want to have with my family.
So this was another exciting week, as always in the Chesterfield Spanish area. Hna. Morales was pretty grumpy all week due to the burn-out that has accompanied her almost year-long stay in Chesterfield. We had a few comp inventories- I was worried that I had somehow changed and hurt her feelings, but I think she is just done being here! I think our companionship may have also been suffering from the bringing- home-the-new-baby syndrome, but we're just doing our best to pray for each other and love each other and be patient with each other! So when we got transfer calls last night and she was informed that she'd be transferred...well, happy tears were shed by all. She's back to her happy, wonderful self at the prospect of the change and I'm delighted to have her in her best form these past few days, even if it's because she's leaving. I sure love her! I'm happy for her though- it's definitely TIME. We are getting Hna Borja, who we had exchanges with 2 weeks ago. Hna Farley is pretty anxious about that, and I think we're all going to learn a lot. Elder Rickson, the AP that called us said, "she will help you grow in charity and patience." haha, Story of mission life. EVERY companion helps you grow in charity and patience! I've been thinking a lot this week about my future family and how I am so blessed to be learning these things in preparation for them! In my patriarchal blessing it talks specifically about having patience with my husband and children...and what could prepare me better than mission companions? haha I thought my husband-pondering would decrease on the mission...it's so awesome to see so many relationships in so many families and really see, in-action, the effects of good and bad spouse choosing.
We saw Picasso last Monday! I cannot even tell you...walking into a museum felt like coming home. Like, ah, yes, this feels so nice. SO NICE. I had forgotten exactly how creeper Picasso was...all the nudity was a little shocking, the first presidency probably would have told me to wait on that exhibit until post-mission...but overall it was super fun. The couple that took us, the Harris's, were SO nice! They paid for our tickets and gave us a little tour of downtown afterwards. They don't even know us, and yet, they were just so kind! Downtown Richmond is beautiful! I mean, honestly I spend 85% of my time in trailor parks and the like, so I was pleasantly surprised. I'd love to come back post-mission and really experience all the sweet history and stuff that's here.
We had our car fast this week. Grand total: 10 honks; 4 miles; 1 "Hey ya'll sexy ladies"; and 0 new investigators. I've changed from my Proverbs 7 ways to becoming a Proverbs 31 kind of woman, otherwise that last goose-egg may have been a little higher...
We have Jehovah Witnesses missionaries knocking on our door about once a week. Don't know if I've mentioned that before. Today we talked about the kingdom of God on Earth. So bizarre these situations I find myself in as a missionary. I'M the one that's supposed to knock on YOUR door...
Had a realization this week. On May 29 I will be at 8 months. 8 months is almost 9 months. 9 months is HALFWAY. Can you believe that?!? I am almost to the downhill! Not a downhill, let's all get trunky kind of way, but a wow, I'm almost an "older" missionary kind of way. Weird. I still feel SO green. I'm positive that I'm not the world's greatest trainer, but I'm sure trying hard. I FEEL your prayers and am so grateful for them.
I love you all! Thank you for the weekly emails and the love as always :)
Love,
Hermana Sinclair
No comments:
Post a Comment