Sorry I was weepy last night, I just can't seem to help it. If anything, I'm MORE weepy on the mission than I was before, and well, when it comes to my family...well you all know how much i love you!
LOVED the phone call last night! I'm a little tired today from the late night...but totally worth it! I loved hearing everyone's voices and the updates; "Hi, this is Colby, I'm 4' 9.5"" hahaha and talking to Ry about missionary work was just a blast. Sorry if we took over, it's just so awesome to be able to talk to him about his experiences and hear how they are so similar and so different. I can't believe he has one month left and i have one year left...but the time has really gone faster and faster since I have been able to be a more pro-active missionary (since my spanish skills have finally improved a little.) I love how in Preach My Gospel it says that when learning a new language, "in time" you'll be able to fulfill your purpose as a missionary. Haha, no joke. I've lived that "in time" phase. Glad it's mostly over. I forgot how dangerous Honduras is too, and hispanic people tell me pretty regularly how dangerous central america is. So dangerous that they all LEAVE. It was probably the image of men pulling guns on Ry or chasing him down the street with machetes that made it all a little more real. I was realizing last night that the first phone call Ry made home and spoke spanish to us, I understood like zilch, the one at christmas time I got most of it, and this time? Yeah, i got every word. Feels so good. I'm PROGRESSING! Such a good feeling. It's so tiny everyday that it never feels like any change is happening. And it was SO weird to hear my name...I've had a serious identity crisis with my first name...I just don't recognize it. Like I know that it's supposed to be my name, but when I hear it, I don't feel that deep down recognition that that's who I am! Could be my early-onset Alzheimers (thanks for passing that on, mom) but I'm gonna be a weirdie when i go home. Just to warn y'all.
Hna Farley is doing well- she's understanding the gists of things in our lessons and we try to always give her a chance to pipe up during our lessons with her testimony. She's struggling big time with eating large quantities of food, but I think she'll get the hang of it and her figure worries will hopefully diminish a little :) Being a trainer is such a bizarre experience, especially since I'm still kind of a new missionary. I still screw up all the time and so like I said last week, trying to be humble enough to just acknowledge that is hard, but still be in charge and correct when correction is needed, but know when to let things go, when to push, when to stand firm, when to be open minded... It is SO like Elder Holland says: "You're on a mission now. It's time to be bigger and better and older and bolder than you've ever been." True 'dat. Thank you for your prayers. There are days when I know only went well because of the prayers of my family and friends.
Transfer calls come this sunday and Hna Morales has been here since her first day as a missionary (we are now 11 months later...) and she is SO ready to get out of here! So we are hoping for her sake that she leaves. And whether or not we'll get a new companion or we'll move or what, we just have no idea. Transfers are always a little stressful, but I hope Hna Farley and I get another transfer together.
We're going to downtown today! To see a Picasso exhibit from Paris! So fun, huh?
I love you all and am loving sharing the gospel. My heart is bigger and better and I am already a changed woman. Love you all and keep up the good and hard work. God is blessing you :)
Hermana Sinclair
No comments:
Post a Comment